Research Papers (in French)
January 22, 2018 - Paris, Collège des Bernardins
Publication of the work of three research groups.
The OPTIC network, whose experts have been meeting and working together for several years, is presenting research results to the public for the first time, through three white papers, in French, distributed at the conference today at Le Collège des Bernardins.
The subjects of these publications, in French, are:
- Blockchain, au défi de la confiance (pdf)
- Big Data et santé prédictive, prédire le futur de la santé (pdf)
- Pouvoir régalien et algorithmes, vers l’algocracie ? (pdf)
- Blockchain, au défi de la confiance (Blockchain, the challenge of trust)
This technology, currently known to support the Bitcoin virtual currency, makes it possible to keep unaltered records of commitments, documents and contracts. In the long term, it would make it possible to partially bypass the banking system, notaries and land registry, and offers many opportunities for sustainable development and help to displaced populations, but also does present strong systemic risks.
- Big data et santé prédictive – prédire le futur de la santé (Big data and predictive health - predicting the future of health)
The collection of health data to support a diagnostic experience is as old as the creation of the first hospitals. However, the mass of data processed and the new capabilities offered by artificial intelligence are now opening the way to predictive medicine and even selection. If the short-term benefits seem obvious, what are the impacts on patient freedom, physician responsibility, solidarity of insurance and health systems?
- Pouvoir régalien et algorithmes, vers l'algocracie (Regalian power and algorithms, towards algocracy)
In the digital space, algorithms are everywhere and increasingly present in the sphere of public action (school orientation, public health, etc.). In a deteriorated security context and in search of greater effectiveness as a guarantee of its authority, the temptation is great for the State to resort to such tools at the very heart of the sovereign sphere of Justice, Police or National Defence.
We invite you to download, read and share these documents.